Discontinuation of support ends July 31st, 2018
The following configurations are not affected by this change:
- Skype for Business Server (on-premises) connected to Exchange Online UM
- 3rd party voicemail solutions that deposit voicemail messages into Exchange Online mailboxes through APIs, rather than an SBC connection
- All forms of Exchange Server UM (on-premises)
There are several alternative solutions for impacted customers, one or more of which must be implemented prior to July 2018.
- Option #1: Complete migration from 3rd party on-premises PBX to Office 365 Cloud PBX.
- Option #2: Complete migration from 3rd party on-premises PBX to Skype for Business Server Enterprise Voice on-premises.
- Option #3: For customers with a mixed deployment of 3rd party PBX and Skype for Business, connect the PBX to Skype for Business Server using a connector from a Microsoft partner, and continue using Exchange Online UM through that connector. For example, TE-SYSTEMS anynode UM connector can be used for that purpose.
- Option #4: For customers with no Skype for Business Server deployment or for whom the solutions above are not appropriate, implement a 3rd party voicemail system.
Call to speak with a technician today to learn more about this change or for any questions or concerns.